Small commercial interior design firm specializing in apartment buildings is looking for an assistant to work on site in a small office setting in Falls Church, VA.
Company: Commercial interior design firm specializing in apartment buildings.
Location: Falls Church, VA bordering McLean, convenient to I-66, and route 7.
Job Type: This is a permanent part-time opportunity.
Hours/Schedule: 20-25 hours/week, flexible schedule. Casual work environment.
Job Description: Assist with collection, organization, and maintenance all project-related research materials so any team member can readily verify critically important details.
- Use Excel and other software to record project details, create proposals, produce, and transmit purchase orders, and generate client invoices.
- Place, schedule, and track orders (furniture, art, etc.) for upcoming projects.
- Verify vendor and supplier orders and correspondence for accuracy.
- Update designers as needed on project status.
- Maintain and update policies and procedures manual as directed.
- Maintain awareness of ongoing/upcoming projects, orders and installations.
- Assist with organizing materials for designers to take to meetings.
- Join designers, when needed, on-site at projects in the D.C. metro area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher).
- Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with limited supervision.
- Interior design experience or desire to learn is a plus.
- Ability to display good judgment under limited supervision on own initiative.
Please submit a resume to Betty Perfall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.