Monthly Archives: May 2017
Join a team needing your skill set to make a difference! Since we are in the age of YouTube style videos and infographics, we are looking for a multi-media artist who would also like to learn about how a large IT organization and process improvement group works. We are seeking a college (grad student or undergraduate) intern who can provide support and be a team member of the Process Engineering team. Though our team is primarily focused on process engineering, we recognize that internal communications is a critical success requirement.
• Assist the ISD Process Engineering team with their process improvement workflow
• Provide effective communication elements and support (presentation support, infographic design, video, etc.)
• Collaborate and learn process mapping, assessment methodologies, and be exposed to all facets of executing process engineering engagements with staff
• Performs other duties as assigned to support Process Engineering efforts
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work as part of a team and produce independently
• Creative minded who can apply visual communication ideas for effective sharing of information and presentations
• Willingness to do new things to achieve desired outcomes
• Experience producing graphics with multi-media suite such as Adobe CC
o Including with raster and vector graphic creation and editing
• Experience with infographic design
• Experience with Power Point decks
• Skill at learning new software and apply design and communication principles
Nice to Have Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Web design
• Multi-media authoring
• InDesign or layout experience
• Video production (scripting, shooting, editing, compression)
• Graphic compositing (After Effects)
• Process mapping skills
* Experience performing functions associated with a multimedia production studio, such as:
– Video production
– Engineering and mixing audio sessions
– Making custom DVD menus
– Reformatting, ripping, duplicating, and encoding files
– Scripting and storyboarding
* Experience with Windows and MacIntosh operating systems
* Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
* Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment and make sound decisions
* Familiarity with pre- and postproduction software such as Adobe Master Collection Suite products
* Ability to learn on the job—including production processes, tools, and techniques
* Effective analytical and problem solving skills
* College student pursuing a degree in Video Production, Photography, Graphic Design, or related field
Email your resume to Candice Schwartz at email@example.com
Re-design a more user-friendly format for the Annual Report, support the creation of simplified data graphics (that can be updated) for presentations for the White House, Congress, and private sector. Support the creations a series of fact sheets.
Need expert in data visualization, graphic representation for following formats: PowerPoint and Excel. We are seeking someone with an interest in internation development who has superb data visualization skills and who can work with PowerPoint and can built Excel data feeds.
Estimated Hours per Week
Transportation Subsidy Offered.
E-mail your samples and resume to Ms. Bushra Rasheed at Bushra.Rasheed@opic.gov ; or apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467996900#btn-add-info
- Part-time personal chef who is able to create dinner 3-4 days a week for 2 adults. They eat mostly vegetables and protein, with an adventurous palate, they love new creations but also enjoy the occasional classic.
- Ability to create meals without grains (no pasta, no rice, limited bread)
Estimated Hours per Week
$225-275 a week.
E-mail Amanda Hamza at Amanda.M.Hamza@gmail.com
Small commercial interior design firm specializing in apartment buildings is looking for an assistant to work on site in a small office setting in Falls Church, VA.
Company: Commercial interior design firm specializing in apartment buildings.
Location: Falls Church, VA bordering McLean, convenient to I-66, and route 7.
Job Type: This is a permanent part-time opportunity.
Hours/Schedule: 20-25 hours/week, flexible schedule. Casual work environment.
Job Description: Assist with collection, organization, and maintenance all project-related research materials so any team member can readily verify critically important details.
- Use Excel and other software to record project details, create proposals, produce, and transmit purchase orders, and generate client invoices.
- Place, schedule, and track orders (furniture, art, etc.) for upcoming projects.
- Verify vendor and supplier orders and correspondence for accuracy.
- Update designers as needed on project status.
- Maintain and update policies and procedures manual as directed.
- Maintain awareness of ongoing/upcoming projects, orders and installations.
- Assist with organizing materials for designers to take to meetings.
- Join designers, when needed, on-site at projects in the D.C. metro area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher).
- Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with limited supervision.
- Interior design experience or desire to learn is a plus.
- Ability to display good judgment under limited supervision on own initiative.
Please submit a resume to Betty Perfall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an after school program for middle and high school young women building a healthy sense of self, community and belonging through yoga.
Vikara Village is seeking a graphic designer with some experience to help is visually represent the organization. The ability to work as a team player, to take concepts from ideas to completion, is a must.
- Start-up nonprofit seeks a graphic designer to help with creating a logo design for Vikara Village
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Personable demeanor and enjoys working independently and in a group
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Adept at using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
As a Freelance position, most of the work will take place off-site. This is a paid position, upon completion.
Please submit a resume and examples of your work to email@example.com.