Monthly Archives: April 2017
Kiddar Capital is a private equity firm based in Falls Church, VA founded by Todd Hitt, a construction and real estate industry veteran. We originate, structure, and manage strategic equity investments across a variety of business disciplines. Core investments include all real estate sectors as well as technology and innovation. In addition to our investment portfolio, Kiddar Capital is a proud supporter of our community and fosters a variety of initiatives and events across the U.S.
We are seeking a graphic design intern that has recently graduated with a degree in graphic design or equivalent experience. This internship will expose you to a variety of design aspects across a breadth of business verticals.
You will report to our Marketing and Communications Team, and direction will come from senior designers and our other investment executives and leaders.
Work will include:
- Graphical social media content
- Logos, colors, mood boards, and other corporate collateral
- Extension and implementation of existing brand guidelines
- Charts, diagrams, and infographics
- Research of new promotional material
- Illustrations, presentations and other ad hoc designs/projects or events
- Some additional ops/admin responsibilities will be required
- Recently graduated with a degree in a design-related field
- 3.2 or greater GPA or relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Personable demeanor and enjoys working independently and in a group
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A dept at using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Microsoft Office, Google Documents and familiarity of Content Managed Websites.
- HTML experience a plus
Intern will be expected to work across the D.C. Metro Area. Office is located in Falls Church, Virginia but offsite meetings are common. This is a paid position.
Kiddar Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and examples of your work with your application to email@example.com. No long cover letter needed, but please introduce yourself in the email!
Create branding logo for a pet service company.
- To create a logo that speaks to potential clients.
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
Estimated Hours per Week
Determined by skill.
$50 – $80
E-mail your resume to Lindsey Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Office:
The Environment and Natural Resources Division is a great place to work. ENRD has continued to rank among the top 15 federal sub-components for the past 5 years, and ranked #1 for 3 years in a row. Our office is conveniently located near the Navy Memorial/Archives Metro. A wide variety of shopping venues, the Verizon Center, museums, the National Mall, restaurants, and coffee shops are all within walking distance.
To learn more about ENRD, visit us at https://www.justice.gov/enrd/about-division.
This undergraduate (Juniors and Seniors) student volunteer opportunity is located in the Office of Information Management (OIM), Executive Office (EO), Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). OIM provides support to ENRD management, attorneys, and support staff by developing and maintaining complex management information applications and websites critical to the mission of the Division. OIM also produces a variety of statistical information used in the management of the Division and responding to requests from Congress, the public, and other stakeholders.
Assignments will vary, and are tailored based on work demand and the selected student volunteer’s focus areas. In general, information management student volunteers assist with network data extraction, postings to content management system and public facing web site, intranet web application testing and user documentation creation and updates. Responsibilities typically include: extracts of data from the Nation Finance Center; Content Management System updates to content and video captioning and posting; public facing web site postings of Proposed Consent Decrees for the Divisions federal fillings; web site quality assurance testing and Section 508 Compliance testing; creation and updates to web site user manuals; and taking staff photos for internal directory. Depending on the ability of the student volunteer, additional duties may include Classic ASP website conversion to ASP.Net web application and User Interface design. An internship provides an outstanding opportunity to work hands-on with various facets of information management.
ENRD prefers undergraduate students with strong academic qualifications, research and writing skills, ability to communicate clearly, high attention to details, and those who have an interest in the information management field.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and successfully complete a security clearance prior to appointment. Applicants must have been residents of the United States for 3 of the previous 5 years prior to applying, with exceptions made for active duty military and Foreign Service employees.
Salary: Volunteer (without compensation).
You may apply for a volunteer information management internship in Washington, DC by submitting via email to email@example.com (link sends e-mail) the following materials:
- Application form;
- Cover letter stating hours/days available to work;
- Resume (which includes your country of citizenship);
- Link to online portfolio (optional);
- Copy of your most recent transcript (official or unofficial); and
- One reference with contact information, including telephone and email (a letter of recommendation required).
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 16, 2017
Relocation Expenses: None.
Number of Positions: 1
Do you have an AWESOME personality? Are you obsessed with urban culture
and entertainment? Do you love attending artistic events and sharing your
experiences on social media? Do your friends look to you on Facebook,
Instagram or Twitter for the latest trends, stories, and online memes?
1159 Studios, LLC partners with DC Life Magazine and Ripped Radio/TV
Network to provide and curate content for the urban community. This content
educates, entertains and provokes conversation about very important current
events on a local and national level. 1159 Studios is based in Woodbridge,
Virginia and is committed to the communication of diverse perspectives and
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for the arts in a meaningful way and loves to express that via social media. Having knowledge of social media trends and techniques, and having photo/video editorial skills are a huge plus.
Duties are as follows:
- Assistance with execution of social media campaign
- Maintenance of Facebook Fan Page / Instagram page
- Attendance at various events to help provide coverage
- Light administrative duties
- Some editorial work (video/photo)
- Access to local and major entertainment events
- Complimentary skin care/cosmetics (monthly)
- Networking and promotions for your own projects
- Professional guidance from company and colleagues
- Professional photo shoots
- College credit
Please send your resume and a brief explanation of why you would be an awesome candidate to: Moni@1159Studios.com
The position will provide interns an opportunity to work directly with the founders and learn about building a technology and fashion startup.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include but may not be limited to website design and development, vendor research and communication, data analytics, social media engagement and SEO. After a three month period the interns may be eligible for part-time or full-time hire. We are looking for energetic team members with excellent communication skills and a passion for fashion.
Estimated Hours per Week
Candidates must be available for 3-5 hours for 2-3 days a week between the hours of 9 and 5.
To obtain additional information or to send your resume, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Virginia’s own Greg Wells and his award winning team, represent the best that real estate has to offer with first class service and first hand knowledge about our local communities. “Go With Greg!”
Local and successful real estate team looking to grow business seeks hard-working, driven individual to assist with marketing and advertising needs.
You will be:
- Creating listing brochures.
- Responsible for all print advertising efforts.
- Working directly with Team Leader and Team Manager to create, format, and produce marketing materials relating to the business, the Team, events, or Team listings.
- Assist in social media management as needed.
- Attending photo shoots as needed.
- Occasionally taking photos of listings, events, or Team functions.
Estimated Hours per Week
20-25. Call or E-mail for salary information.
- Must have proficient skill in basic computer graphics/design software (Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop)
- Some photography skills preferred.
- Currently pursuing/have attained a degree in design, marketing, advertising.
- A team player.
- Able to consistently commit to 20-25 hour weeks.
- Available by phone, text, or email as needed.
- Good at prioritizing.
E-mail your resume to Alex Ackerman at email@example.com or call them at (703) 782-9094. Visit the website at www.thegregwellsteam.com!
Unlock Your Child’s Hidden Abilities and Unleash their Creativity with Interactive Computer Design and Programming Classes
Technology is changing quicker than your children are growing, that’s why back in 2001, C3 Cyber Club, took its place as Loudoun’s only fun, interactive learning center, dedicated to providing children with the technological tools they need in today’s fast-paced, competitive world.
Our state-of-the-art gaming and computer learning center gives children in grades K-9 a behind the scenes look at how technology works, and an opportunity to experience out-of-this world gaming expeditions.
- Assemble promo trailers of company services & students to match director’s vision.
- Process includes recording footage, all aspects of editing, creating graphics, media, & effects as needed.
- Provide reports on progress/roadblocks etc to director.
- Must have own equipment.
Estimated Hours per Week
TBD (Contract job 3-6 months)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects.
- Must have own software & equipment.
- Able to work with kids between 5 and 14 years old.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a criminal and sex offender background check.
Email your resume and samples to Priya Jindal ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), Call them at (703)729-0985, or apply online at www.c3cyberclub.com (click on “Jobs”, and “Virginia”)
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is seeking a dynamic graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns that advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives.
The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing/Media Relations and also work closely with a team that includes marketers, public relations professionals and other members of the Communications and Marketing Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative designer to work with a talented team of strategic thinkers. The internship will provide invaluable on the job training, an advanced portfolio, and hands on experience in a small team setting. The intern will assist in developing a campaign strategy, create brand designs; and cultivate skills necessary to produce in a multi-project management environment.
Session I: March 20 – May 19, 2017
Session II: May 22 – July 21, 2017
Session III: July 24 – September 29, 2017
Session IV: October 2 – December 15, 2017
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week (typically 2 to 3 days per week). The schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. A stipend will be provided during Session III, which occurs during the CBCF Annual Legislative Conference (ALC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products. This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate messaging concepts into engaging marketing materials
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact are a plus.
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced marketers and designers in an innovative marketing environment
- Expand professional network
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience they are seeking. Additionally, students may include information in the cover letter referencing a portfolio website, if applicable. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours. Be sure to indicate which internship session you are available to participate.
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation
|The George Washington University is seeking a qualified post-graduate candidate for the position of Multimedia & Broadcast Services Assistant. This position will be responsible for assisting with the video needs of the Department of Athletics, including shooting and editing video, content development for the purposes of marketing and communications, streaming games on RaiseHigh.tv, which is part of the Atlantic 10 Digital Network, and assisting with the in-game production of men’s and women’s basketball games.|
- Assist with all in-house video requests
- Assist with creating highlight packages, commercials and feature videos for the Department of Athletics
- Work closely with the Athletics External Relations staff to shoot, create and edit video elements on RaiseHigh.tv, GWsports.com and various social media platforms
- Assist with live streaming games and events
- Have a working knowledge emerging technologies as they develop
- Have a good knowledge of proper lighting techniques
- Have a good understanding of Broadcast quality and DSLR-type cameras
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements include a working knowledge of sports video production; experience with a college or professional sports team; demonstrated video shooting, editing and production skills; an understanding of proper lighting techniques; a grasp of existing and emerging technology; outstanding communication and organizational skills; and experience with video editing systems such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. Also must have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
This position is paid hourly for approximately 30 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.