Category Archives: Washington, D.C
Re-design a more user-friendly format for the Annual Report, support the creation of simplified data graphics (that can be updated) for presentations for the White House, Congress, and private sector. Support the creations a series of fact sheets.
Need expert in data visualization, graphic representation for following formats: PowerPoint and Excel. We are seeking someone with an interest in internation development who has superb data visualization skills and who can work with PowerPoint and can built Excel data feeds.
Estimated Hours per Week
Transportation Subsidy Offered.
E-mail your samples and resume to Ms. Bushra Rasheed at Bushra.Rasheed@opic.gov ; or apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467996900#btn-add-info
Kiddar Capital is a private equity firm based in Falls Church, VA founded by Todd Hitt, a construction and real estate industry veteran. We originate, structure, and manage strategic equity investments across a variety of business disciplines. Core investments include all real estate sectors as well as technology and innovation. In addition to our investment portfolio, Kiddar Capital is a proud supporter of our community and fosters a variety of initiatives and events across the U.S.
We are seeking a graphic design intern that has recently graduated with a degree in graphic design or equivalent experience. This internship will expose you to a variety of design aspects across a breadth of business verticals.
You will report to our Marketing and Communications Team, and direction will come from senior designers and our other investment executives and leaders.
Work will include:
- Graphical social media content
- Logos, colors, mood boards, and other corporate collateral
- Extension and implementation of existing brand guidelines
- Charts, diagrams, and infographics
- Research of new promotional material
- Illustrations, presentations and other ad hoc designs/projects or events
- Some additional ops/admin responsibilities will be required
- Recently graduated with a degree in a design-related field
- 3.2 or greater GPA or relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Personable demeanor and enjoys working independently and in a group
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A dept at using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Microsoft Office, Google Documents and familiarity of Content Managed Websites.
- HTML experience a plus
Intern will be expected to work across the D.C. Metro Area. Office is located in Falls Church, Virginia but offsite meetings are common. This is a paid position.
Kiddar Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and examples of your work with your application to email@example.com. No long cover letter needed, but please introduce yourself in the email!
About the Office:
The Environment and Natural Resources Division is a great place to work. ENRD has continued to rank among the top 15 federal sub-components for the past 5 years, and ranked #1 for 3 years in a row. Our office is conveniently located near the Navy Memorial/Archives Metro. A wide variety of shopping venues, the Verizon Center, museums, the National Mall, restaurants, and coffee shops are all within walking distance.
To learn more about ENRD, visit us at https://www.justice.gov/enrd/about-division.
This undergraduate (Juniors and Seniors) student volunteer opportunity is located in the Office of Information Management (OIM), Executive Office (EO), Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). OIM provides support to ENRD management, attorneys, and support staff by developing and maintaining complex management information applications and websites critical to the mission of the Division. OIM also produces a variety of statistical information used in the management of the Division and responding to requests from Congress, the public, and other stakeholders.
Assignments will vary, and are tailored based on work demand and the selected student volunteer’s focus areas. In general, information management student volunteers assist with network data extraction, postings to content management system and public facing web site, intranet web application testing and user documentation creation and updates. Responsibilities typically include: extracts of data from the Nation Finance Center; Content Management System updates to content and video captioning and posting; public facing web site postings of Proposed Consent Decrees for the Divisions federal fillings; web site quality assurance testing and Section 508 Compliance testing; creation and updates to web site user manuals; and taking staff photos for internal directory. Depending on the ability of the student volunteer, additional duties may include Classic ASP website conversion to ASP.Net web application and User Interface design. An internship provides an outstanding opportunity to work hands-on with various facets of information management.
ENRD prefers undergraduate students with strong academic qualifications, research and writing skills, ability to communicate clearly, high attention to details, and those who have an interest in the information management field.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and successfully complete a security clearance prior to appointment. Applicants must have been residents of the United States for 3 of the previous 5 years prior to applying, with exceptions made for active duty military and Foreign Service employees.
Salary: Volunteer (without compensation).
You may apply for a volunteer information management internship in Washington, DC by submitting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) the following materials:
- Application form;
- Cover letter stating hours/days available to work;
- Resume (which includes your country of citizenship);
- Link to online portfolio (optional);
- Copy of your most recent transcript (official or unofficial); and
- One reference with contact information, including telephone and email (a letter of recommendation required).
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 16, 2017
Relocation Expenses: None.
Number of Positions: 1
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is seeking a dynamic graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns that advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives.
The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing/Media Relations and also work closely with a team that includes marketers, public relations professionals and other members of the Communications and Marketing Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative designer to work with a talented team of strategic thinkers. The internship will provide invaluable on the job training, an advanced portfolio, and hands on experience in a small team setting. The intern will assist in developing a campaign strategy, create brand designs; and cultivate skills necessary to produce in a multi-project management environment.
Session I: March 20 – May 19, 2017
Session II: May 22 – July 21, 2017
Session III: July 24 – September 29, 2017
Session IV: October 2 – December 15, 2017
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week (typically 2 to 3 days per week). The schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. A stipend will be provided during Session III, which occurs during the CBCF Annual Legislative Conference (ALC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products. This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate messaging concepts into engaging marketing materials
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact are a plus.
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced marketers and designers in an innovative marketing environment
- Expand professional network
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience they are seeking. Additionally, students may include information in the cover letter referencing a portfolio website, if applicable. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours. Be sure to indicate which internship session you are available to participate.
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation
|The George Washington University is seeking a qualified post-graduate candidate for the position of Multimedia & Broadcast Services Assistant. This position will be responsible for assisting with the video needs of the Department of Athletics, including shooting and editing video, content development for the purposes of marketing and communications, streaming games on RaiseHigh.tv, which is part of the Atlantic 10 Digital Network, and assisting with the in-game production of men’s and women’s basketball games.|
- Assist with all in-house video requests
- Assist with creating highlight packages, commercials and feature videos for the Department of Athletics
- Work closely with the Athletics External Relations staff to shoot, create and edit video elements on RaiseHigh.tv, GWsports.com and various social media platforms
- Assist with live streaming games and events
- Have a working knowledge emerging technologies as they develop
- Have a good knowledge of proper lighting techniques
- Have a good understanding of Broadcast quality and DSLR-type cameras
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements include a working knowledge of sports video production; experience with a college or professional sports team; demonstrated video shooting, editing and production skills; an understanding of proper lighting techniques; a grasp of existing and emerging technology; outstanding communication and organizational skills; and experience with video editing systems such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. Also must have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
This position is paid hourly for approximately 30 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Background to role:
The Google Food Program’s vision is to inspire and enable the world to make food choices and use food experiences to develop more sustainable lifestyles and communities. The Google Food program’s mission is to inspire and enable the Google community members to make food choices and enjoy food experiences that support them in being their best. Based on the program’s vision and mission, the Google Food Team has developed a clearly defined strategy that puts a strong emphasis on collaboration, innovation, the Responsible Business framework, and Behavioral Economics.
The maintenance team exists to support the global Google Food program and its values both to Googlers, and to the vendor partners.
Responsible for receiving storage and inventory for all departmental supplies and food stuff, along with maintaining sanitation in storage areas.
Checks in, stores, and maintains all deliveries and food/supply storage areas. Participates in inventory and ordering as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inventories and maintains necessary food and other supplies to ensure efficient operation of the Food Service Department.
- Stores food and supplies in correct containers and in proper storage areas according to department guidelines as indicated by non-spoilage of food.
- Maintains records and logs documenting storage temperatures of perishable food items per standards.
- Dates, labels, and rotates stock according to procedures as indicated by oldest product being utilized first.
- Orders food and supplies based upon product specification as established by company ordering protocols and procedures.
- Secures designated areas of potential theft, dangerous chemicals, supplies and equipment to safeguard associates. Follows all security procedures regarding storeroom organization.
- Transports food and supplies in appropriate containers or vehicles as indicated to ensure food or supplies arrive safely and intact.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Reports needed maintenance or repairs of equipment used to proper resources.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets. Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 30 Estimated hours per week
- M, T, TH, F 6:30am-2:30pm
Hourly: $12/hr to $15/hr
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75lb, be on your feet all day, work independently but also in harmony.
- Product identification and knowledge is key.
- HACCP, ServSafe, and FIFO
Contact Kevin Devine by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Graphic Artist Intern prepares visual presentations such as flyers, banners, infographics, advertisements, social media graphics, and other small graphics. This is a part-time to full-time position (at least 20-25 hours a week), non-paid. The company will reimburse for commute to and from office.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors
- Prepares final layout by marking and providing finished copy and art
- Completes projects by coordinating with Events Coordinator and outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. (if applicable)
- Upload designs onto company website and/or social media
- Attend company events when needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as well as other office tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing or other related field
- Able to present a portfolio to demonstrate creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts and able to present your ideas behind the work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, handle multiple tasks daily and adapt to change
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and high ability to follow-up
- Ability to manage telephone and in-person communication with strong customer skills including tact, diplomacy and common sense
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and positive attitude
Required Program Knowledge:
- Advanced to expert knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Social Media (Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
202-728-0352 or 202-468-9044
We’re looking for coffee-lounge; hard-working people to join our roasting team. You will learn to progress green coffee quality package roasted coffee, operate and maintain equipment.
Friendly, Hard-Working, teachable, love coffee.
Estimated Hours pre Week
Please submit resume, to Caitlin Stull
We are D.C’s largest rooster and we keep growing. We are looking for friendly hardworking people to join our team. We are willing to train and promote great people.
Friendly, Hard-Working, teachable, love coffee.
Salary/ Hourly Range
$12-14 / hourly
Please submit resume, to Caitlin Stull
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
The ideal candidate has fine dining server experience.
Salary/ Hourly Range
Based on experience
Estimated Hours pre Week
40 hrs/ week