Category Archives: Internships
Join a team needing your skill set to make a difference! Since we are in the age of YouTube style videos and infographics, we are looking for a multi-media artist who would also like to learn about how a large IT organization and process improvement group works. We are seeking a college (grad student or undergraduate) intern who can provide support and be a team member of the Process Engineering team. Though our team is primarily focused on process engineering, we recognize that internal communications is a critical success requirement.
• Assist the ISD Process Engineering team with their process improvement workflow
• Provide effective communication elements and support (presentation support, infographic design, video, etc.)
• Collaborate and learn process mapping, assessment methodologies, and be exposed to all facets of executing process engineering engagements with staff
• Performs other duties as assigned to support Process Engineering efforts
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work as part of a team and produce independently
• Creative minded who can apply visual communication ideas for effective sharing of information and presentations
• Willingness to do new things to achieve desired outcomes
• Experience producing graphics with multi-media suite such as Adobe CC
o Including with raster and vector graphic creation and editing
• Experience with infographic design
• Experience with Power Point decks
• Skill at learning new software and apply design and communication principles
Nice to Have Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Web design
• Multi-media authoring
• InDesign or layout experience
• Video production (scripting, shooting, editing, compression)
• Graphic compositing (After Effects)
• Process mapping skills
* Experience performing functions associated with a multimedia production studio, such as:
– Video production
– Engineering and mixing audio sessions
– Making custom DVD menus
– Reformatting, ripping, duplicating, and encoding files
– Scripting and storyboarding
* Experience with Windows and MacIntosh operating systems
* Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
* Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment and make sound decisions
* Familiarity with pre- and postproduction software such as Adobe Master Collection Suite products
* Ability to learn on the job—including production processes, tools, and techniques
* Effective analytical and problem solving skills
* College student pursuing a degree in Video Production, Photography, Graphic Design, or related field
Email your resume to Candice Schwartz at email@example.com
Re-design a more user-friendly format for the Annual Report, support the creation of simplified data graphics (that can be updated) for presentations for the White House, Congress, and private sector. Support the creations a series of fact sheets.
Need expert in data visualization, graphic representation for following formats: PowerPoint and Excel. We are seeking someone with an interest in internation development who has superb data visualization skills and who can work with PowerPoint and can built Excel data feeds.
Estimated Hours per Week
Transportation Subsidy Offered.
E-mail your samples and resume to Ms. Bushra Rasheed at Bushra.Rasheed@opic.gov ; or apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467996900#btn-add-info
Kiddar Capital is a private equity firm based in Falls Church, VA founded by Todd Hitt, a construction and real estate industry veteran. We originate, structure, and manage strategic equity investments across a variety of business disciplines. Core investments include all real estate sectors as well as technology and innovation. In addition to our investment portfolio, Kiddar Capital is a proud supporter of our community and fosters a variety of initiatives and events across the U.S.
We are seeking a graphic design intern that has recently graduated with a degree in graphic design or equivalent experience. This internship will expose you to a variety of design aspects across a breadth of business verticals.
You will report to our Marketing and Communications Team, and direction will come from senior designers and our other investment executives and leaders.
Work will include:
- Graphical social media content
- Logos, colors, mood boards, and other corporate collateral
- Extension and implementation of existing brand guidelines
- Charts, diagrams, and infographics
- Research of new promotional material
- Illustrations, presentations and other ad hoc designs/projects or events
- Some additional ops/admin responsibilities will be required
- Recently graduated with a degree in a design-related field
- 3.2 or greater GPA or relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Personable demeanor and enjoys working independently and in a group
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A dept at using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Microsoft Office, Google Documents and familiarity of Content Managed Websites.
- HTML experience a plus
Intern will be expected to work across the D.C. Metro Area. Office is located in Falls Church, Virginia but offsite meetings are common. This is a paid position.
Kiddar Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and examples of your work with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No long cover letter needed, but please introduce yourself in the email!
Create branding logo for a pet service company.
- To create a logo that speaks to potential clients.
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
Estimated Hours per Week
Determined by skill.
$50 – $80
E-mail your resume to Lindsey Hinton at email@example.com
About the Office:
The Environment and Natural Resources Division is a great place to work. ENRD has continued to rank among the top 15 federal sub-components for the past 5 years, and ranked #1 for 3 years in a row. Our office is conveniently located near the Navy Memorial/Archives Metro. A wide variety of shopping venues, the Verizon Center, museums, the National Mall, restaurants, and coffee shops are all within walking distance.
To learn more about ENRD, visit us at https://www.justice.gov/enrd/about-division.
This undergraduate (Juniors and Seniors) student volunteer opportunity is located in the Office of Information Management (OIM), Executive Office (EO), Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). OIM provides support to ENRD management, attorneys, and support staff by developing and maintaining complex management information applications and websites critical to the mission of the Division. OIM also produces a variety of statistical information used in the management of the Division and responding to requests from Congress, the public, and other stakeholders.
Assignments will vary, and are tailored based on work demand and the selected student volunteer’s focus areas. In general, information management student volunteers assist with network data extraction, postings to content management system and public facing web site, intranet web application testing and user documentation creation and updates. Responsibilities typically include: extracts of data from the Nation Finance Center; Content Management System updates to content and video captioning and posting; public facing web site postings of Proposed Consent Decrees for the Divisions federal fillings; web site quality assurance testing and Section 508 Compliance testing; creation and updates to web site user manuals; and taking staff photos for internal directory. Depending on the ability of the student volunteer, additional duties may include Classic ASP website conversion to ASP.Net web application and User Interface design. An internship provides an outstanding opportunity to work hands-on with various facets of information management.
ENRD prefers undergraduate students with strong academic qualifications, research and writing skills, ability to communicate clearly, high attention to details, and those who have an interest in the information management field.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and successfully complete a security clearance prior to appointment. Applicants must have been residents of the United States for 3 of the previous 5 years prior to applying, with exceptions made for active duty military and Foreign Service employees.
Salary: Volunteer (without compensation).
You may apply for a volunteer information management internship in Washington, DC by submitting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) the following materials:
- Application form;
- Cover letter stating hours/days available to work;
- Resume (which includes your country of citizenship);
- Link to online portfolio (optional);
- Copy of your most recent transcript (official or unofficial); and
- One reference with contact information, including telephone and email (a letter of recommendation required).
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 16, 2017
Relocation Expenses: None.
Number of Positions: 1
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is seeking a dynamic graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns that advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives.
The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing/Media Relations and also work closely with a team that includes marketers, public relations professionals and other members of the Communications and Marketing Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative designer to work with a talented team of strategic thinkers. The internship will provide invaluable on the job training, an advanced portfolio, and hands on experience in a small team setting. The intern will assist in developing a campaign strategy, create brand designs; and cultivate skills necessary to produce in a multi-project management environment.
Session I: March 20 – May 19, 2017
Session II: May 22 – July 21, 2017
Session III: July 24 – September 29, 2017
Session IV: October 2 – December 15, 2017
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week (typically 2 to 3 days per week). The schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. A stipend will be provided during Session III, which occurs during the CBCF Annual Legislative Conference (ALC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products. This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate messaging concepts into engaging marketing materials
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact are a plus.
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced marketers and designers in an innovative marketing environment
- Expand professional network
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience they are seeking. Additionally, students may include information in the cover letter referencing a portfolio website, if applicable. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours. Be sure to indicate which internship session you are available to participate.
Our graduates are ready to demonstrate how years of hard work have prepared them to work hard for people like you. Come meet this year’s class of ambitious creative minds.
For our graduates, creativity is only the beginning. They don’t just have the ideas; they have the skills, the technological know-how, and the critical thinking skills it takes to bring them to life. Graduates from the following areas of interest may be in attendance: Graphic & Web Design Web Design & Interactive Media Interior Design Advertising Media Arts & Animation Visual Effects & Motion Graphics Digital Filmmaking & Video Production Digital Photography Audio Production Game Art & Design Visual & Game Programming Fashion Marketing & Management Baking & Pastry Culinary Arts Culinary Management We couldn’t be more proud of our new graduates. During their time here, they’ve accepted—and conquered—countless creative challenges. Come celebrate their accomplishments with us! If you’re looking for new creative talent, look no further. Our imaginative graduates have ideas—and hands-on skills—to spare. Come get to know them and see their work up close. You just might meet your creative match. This is it—this is what it’s all been leading up to. And our new graduates couldn’t have done it without you by their side, every step of the way. We know you’re just as proud as we are, so come see what they’ve achieved. Creative people thrive on challenge. And that’s what we’re all about—pushing you outside your comfort zone and helping you turn your creativity into real-world skills. Interested? Come to our Portfolio Show and explore the possibilities.
Animation & Effects
Film & Production
Gaming & Technology
For industry professionals
For friends & family
For prospective students
For our graduates, creativity is only the beginning. They don’t just have the ideas; they have the skills, the technological know-how, and the critical thinking skills it takes to bring them to life.
Graduates from the following areas of interest may be in attendance:
Graphic & Web Design
Web Design & Interactive Media
Media Arts & Animation
Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
Digital Filmmaking & Video Production
Game Art & Design
Visual & Game Programming
Fashion Marketing & Management
Baking & Pastry
We couldn’t be more proud of our new graduates. During their time here, they’ve accepted—and conquered—countless creative challenges. Come celebrate their accomplishments with us!
If you’re looking for new creative talent, look no further. Our imaginative graduates have ideas—and hands-on skills—to spare. Come get to know them and see their work up close. You just might meet your creative match.
This is it—this is what it’s all been leading up to. And our new graduates couldn’t have done it without you by their side, every step of the way. We know you’re just as proud as we are, so come see what they’ve achieved.
Creative people thrive on challenge. And that’s what we’re all about—pushing you outside your comfort zone and helping you turn your creativity into real-world skills. Interested? Come to our Portfolio Show and explore the possibilities.
Prepare serve breakfast for our guests, charge their credit cards, perform light computer work, and help with some housekeeping and in a while if necessary.
Must be able to cook delicious breakfast, have excellent written and perform some inn-keeping duties.
Salary/ Hourly Range
Internship (no pay)
Estimated Hours pre Week
10-25 hours / week, depending on how busy we are .
To Apply online
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Lucia Rosan email@example.com or at 202-379-8626 and provide resume , reference and cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate .
Create videos with unique sound for the following purposes:
1. promotional brand videos
2. educational business and life coaching videos
3. educational sales and marketing videos
4. social media, sales and landing page videos.
Audio and Video. Interest in marketing. Personable, professional, ready to learn. good listener. Ongoing in Arlington and Alexandria, VA and Las Vegas Nov 18-22.
Salary/ Hourly Range
Estimated Hours pre Week
Varies 0-8, / week
Please send resume and a link to your online portfolio to Steph Dee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Produce consistent food products while following recipes and/or chef’s directions, while maintaining quality standards. Willing to travel to different food festivals and catering events in the area to serve food. Perform other job related duties as required.
ServSafe Certified, Strong interpersonal skills, Exhibits a basic knowledge, understanding and application of cooking techniques, You understand and can manage recipe documentation. Strong written and verbal communication in english, professional demeanor.
Salary/ Hourly Range
Estimated Hours pre Week
20 hrs / week
Physical address where work will be performed
Application of cooking techniques, You understand and can manage recipe documentation.
Please send resume to Drew Davis, TamalesPachuca@gmail.com