Category Archives: Graphic & Web Design
Join a team needing your skill set to make a difference! Since we are in the age of YouTube style videos and infographics, we are looking for a multi-media artist who would also like to learn about how a large IT organization and process improvement group works. We are seeking a college (grad student or undergraduate) intern who can provide support and be a team member of the Process Engineering team. Though our team is primarily focused on process engineering, we recognize that internal communications is a critical success requirement.
• Assist the ISD Process Engineering team with their process improvement workflow
• Provide effective communication elements and support (presentation support, infographic design, video, etc.)
• Collaborate and learn process mapping, assessment methodologies, and be exposed to all facets of executing process engineering engagements with staff
• Performs other duties as assigned to support Process Engineering efforts
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work as part of a team and produce independently
• Creative minded who can apply visual communication ideas for effective sharing of information and presentations
• Willingness to do new things to achieve desired outcomes
• Experience producing graphics with multi-media suite such as Adobe CC
o Including with raster and vector graphic creation and editing
• Experience with infographic design
• Experience with Power Point decks
• Skill at learning new software and apply design and communication principles
Nice to Have Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Web design
• Multi-media authoring
• InDesign or layout experience
• Video production (scripting, shooting, editing, compression)
• Graphic compositing (After Effects)
• Process mapping skills
* Experience performing functions associated with a multimedia production studio, such as:
– Video production
– Engineering and mixing audio sessions
– Making custom DVD menus
– Reformatting, ripping, duplicating, and encoding files
– Scripting and storyboarding
* Experience with Windows and MacIntosh operating systems
* Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
* Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment and make sound decisions
* Familiarity with pre- and postproduction software such as Adobe Master Collection Suite products
* Ability to learn on the job—including production processes, tools, and techniques
* Effective analytical and problem solving skills
* College student pursuing a degree in Video Production, Photography, Graphic Design, or related field
Email your resume to Candice Schwartz at email@example.com
Re-design a more user-friendly format for the Annual Report, support the creation of simplified data graphics (that can be updated) for presentations for the White House, Congress, and private sector. Support the creations a series of fact sheets.
Need expert in data visualization, graphic representation for following formats: PowerPoint and Excel. We are seeking someone with an interest in internation development who has superb data visualization skills and who can work with PowerPoint and can built Excel data feeds.
Estimated Hours per Week
Transportation Subsidy Offered.
E-mail your samples and resume to Ms. Bushra Rasheed at Bushra.Rasheed@opic.gov ; or apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467996900#btn-add-info
Kiddar Capital is a private equity firm based in Falls Church, VA founded by Todd Hitt, a construction and real estate industry veteran. We originate, structure, and manage strategic equity investments across a variety of business disciplines. Core investments include all real estate sectors as well as technology and innovation. In addition to our investment portfolio, Kiddar Capital is a proud supporter of our community and fosters a variety of initiatives and events across the U.S.
We are seeking a graphic design intern that has recently graduated with a degree in graphic design or equivalent experience. This internship will expose you to a variety of design aspects across a breadth of business verticals.
You will report to our Marketing and Communications Team, and direction will come from senior designers and our other investment executives and leaders.
Work will include:
- Graphical social media content
- Logos, colors, mood boards, and other corporate collateral
- Extension and implementation of existing brand guidelines
- Charts, diagrams, and infographics
- Research of new promotional material
- Illustrations, presentations and other ad hoc designs/projects or events
- Some additional ops/admin responsibilities will be required
- Recently graduated with a degree in a design-related field
- 3.2 or greater GPA or relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Personable demeanor and enjoys working independently and in a group
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A dept at using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Microsoft Office, Google Documents and familiarity of Content Managed Websites.
- HTML experience a plus
Intern will be expected to work across the D.C. Metro Area. Office is located in Falls Church, Virginia but offsite meetings are common. This is a paid position.
Kiddar Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and examples of your work with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No long cover letter needed, but please introduce yourself in the email!
Create branding logo for a pet service company.
- To create a logo that speaks to potential clients.
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
Estimated Hours per Week
Determined by skill.
$50 – $80
E-mail your resume to Lindsey Hinton at email@example.com
About the Office:
The Environment and Natural Resources Division is a great place to work. ENRD has continued to rank among the top 15 federal sub-components for the past 5 years, and ranked #1 for 3 years in a row. Our office is conveniently located near the Navy Memorial/Archives Metro. A wide variety of shopping venues, the Verizon Center, museums, the National Mall, restaurants, and coffee shops are all within walking distance.
To learn more about ENRD, visit us at https://www.justice.gov/enrd/about-division.
This undergraduate (Juniors and Seniors) student volunteer opportunity is located in the Office of Information Management (OIM), Executive Office (EO), Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). OIM provides support to ENRD management, attorneys, and support staff by developing and maintaining complex management information applications and websites critical to the mission of the Division. OIM also produces a variety of statistical information used in the management of the Division and responding to requests from Congress, the public, and other stakeholders.
Assignments will vary, and are tailored based on work demand and the selected student volunteer’s focus areas. In general, information management student volunteers assist with network data extraction, postings to content management system and public facing web site, intranet web application testing and user documentation creation and updates. Responsibilities typically include: extracts of data from the Nation Finance Center; Content Management System updates to content and video captioning and posting; public facing web site postings of Proposed Consent Decrees for the Divisions federal fillings; web site quality assurance testing and Section 508 Compliance testing; creation and updates to web site user manuals; and taking staff photos for internal directory. Depending on the ability of the student volunteer, additional duties may include Classic ASP website conversion to ASP.Net web application and User Interface design. An internship provides an outstanding opportunity to work hands-on with various facets of information management.
ENRD prefers undergraduate students with strong academic qualifications, research and writing skills, ability to communicate clearly, high attention to details, and those who have an interest in the information management field.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and successfully complete a security clearance prior to appointment. Applicants must have been residents of the United States for 3 of the previous 5 years prior to applying, with exceptions made for active duty military and Foreign Service employees.
Salary: Volunteer (without compensation).
You may apply for a volunteer information management internship in Washington, DC by submitting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) the following materials:
- Application form;
- Cover letter stating hours/days available to work;
- Resume (which includes your country of citizenship);
- Link to online portfolio (optional);
- Copy of your most recent transcript (official or unofficial); and
- One reference with contact information, including telephone and email (a letter of recommendation required).
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 16, 2017
Relocation Expenses: None.
Number of Positions: 1
The position will provide interns an opportunity to work directly with the founders and learn about building a technology and fashion startup.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include but may not be limited to website design and development, vendor research and communication, data analytics, social media engagement and SEO. After a three month period the interns may be eligible for part-time or full-time hire. We are looking for energetic team members with excellent communication skills and a passion for fashion.
Estimated Hours per Week
Candidates must be available for 3-5 hours for 2-3 days a week between the hours of 9 and 5.
To obtain additional information or to send your resume, please send an email at email@example.com.
Northern Virginia’s own Greg Wells and his award winning team, represent the best that real estate has to offer with first class service and first hand knowledge about our local communities. “Go With Greg!”
Local and successful real estate team looking to grow business seeks hard-working, driven individual to assist with marketing and advertising needs.
You will be:
- Creating listing brochures.
- Responsible for all print advertising efforts.
- Working directly with Team Leader and Team Manager to create, format, and produce marketing materials relating to the business, the Team, events, or Team listings.
- Assist in social media management as needed.
- Attending photo shoots as needed.
- Occasionally taking photos of listings, events, or Team functions.
Estimated Hours per Week
20-25. Call or E-mail for salary information.
- Must have proficient skill in basic computer graphics/design software (Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop)
- Some photography skills preferred.
- Currently pursuing/have attained a degree in design, marketing, advertising.
- A team player.
- Able to consistently commit to 20-25 hour weeks.
- Available by phone, text, or email as needed.
- Good at prioritizing.
E-mail your resume to Alex Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at (703) 782-9094. Visit the website at www.thegregwellsteam.com!
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is seeking a dynamic graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns that advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives.
The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing/Media Relations and also work closely with a team that includes marketers, public relations professionals and other members of the Communications and Marketing Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative designer to work with a talented team of strategic thinkers. The internship will provide invaluable on the job training, an advanced portfolio, and hands on experience in a small team setting. The intern will assist in developing a campaign strategy, create brand designs; and cultivate skills necessary to produce in a multi-project management environment.
Session I: March 20 – May 19, 2017
Session II: May 22 – July 21, 2017
Session III: July 24 – September 29, 2017
Session IV: October 2 – December 15, 2017
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week (typically 2 to 3 days per week). The schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. A stipend will be provided during Session III, which occurs during the CBCF Annual Legislative Conference (ALC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products. This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate messaging concepts into engaging marketing materials
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact are a plus.
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced marketers and designers in an innovative marketing environment
- Expand professional network
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience they are seeking. Additionally, students may include information in the cover letter referencing a portfolio website, if applicable. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours. Be sure to indicate which internship session you are available to participate.
The Graphic Artist Intern prepares visual presentations such as flyers, banners, infographics, advertisements, social media graphics, and other small graphics. This is a part-time to full-time position (at least 20-25 hours a week), non-paid. The company will reimburse for commute to and from office.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors
- Prepares final layout by marking and providing finished copy and art
- Completes projects by coordinating with Events Coordinator and outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. (if applicable)
- Upload designs onto company website and/or social media
- Attend company events when needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as well as other office tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing or other related field
- Able to present a portfolio to demonstrate creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts and able to present your ideas behind the work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, handle multiple tasks daily and adapt to change
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and high ability to follow-up
- Ability to manage telephone and in-person communication with strong customer skills including tact, diplomacy and common sense
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and positive attitude
Required Program Knowledge:
- Advanced to expert knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Social Media (Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
202-728-0352 or 202-468-9044
Our graduates are ready to demonstrate how years of hard work have prepared them to work hard for people like you. Come meet this year’s class of ambitious creative minds.
For our graduates, creativity is only the beginning. They don’t just have the ideas; they have the skills, the technological know-how, and the critical thinking skills it takes to bring them to life. Graduates from the following areas of interest may be in attendance: Graphic & Web Design Web Design & Interactive Media Interior Design Advertising Media Arts & Animation Visual Effects & Motion Graphics Digital Filmmaking & Video Production Digital Photography Audio Production Game Art & Design Visual & Game Programming Fashion Marketing & Management Baking & Pastry Culinary Arts Culinary Management We couldn’t be more proud of our new graduates. During their time here, they’ve accepted—and conquered—countless creative challenges. Come celebrate their accomplishments with us! If you’re looking for new creative talent, look no further. Our imaginative graduates have ideas—and hands-on skills—to spare. Come get to know them and see their work up close. You just might meet your creative match. This is it—this is what it’s all been leading up to. And our new graduates couldn’t have done it without you by their side, every step of the way. We know you’re just as proud as we are, so come see what they’ve achieved. Creative people thrive on challenge. And that’s what we’re all about—pushing you outside your comfort zone and helping you turn your creativity into real-world skills. Interested? Come to our Portfolio Show and explore the possibilities.
Animation & Effects
Film & Production
Gaming & Technology
For industry professionals
For friends & family
For prospective students
For our graduates, creativity is only the beginning. They don’t just have the ideas; they have the skills, the technological know-how, and the critical thinking skills it takes to bring them to life.
Graduates from the following areas of interest may be in attendance:
Graphic & Web Design
Web Design & Interactive Media
Media Arts & Animation
Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
Digital Filmmaking & Video Production
Game Art & Design
Visual & Game Programming
Fashion Marketing & Management
Baking & Pastry
We couldn’t be more proud of our new graduates. During their time here, they’ve accepted—and conquered—countless creative challenges. Come celebrate their accomplishments with us!
If you’re looking for new creative talent, look no further. Our imaginative graduates have ideas—and hands-on skills—to spare. Come get to know them and see their work up close. You just might meet your creative match.
This is it—this is what it’s all been leading up to. And our new graduates couldn’t have done it without you by their side, every step of the way. We know you’re just as proud as we are, so come see what they’ve achieved.
Creative people thrive on challenge. And that’s what we’re all about—pushing you outside your comfort zone and helping you turn your creativity into real-world skills. Interested? Come to our Portfolio Show and explore the possibilities.