Sous Chef | Washington, D.C
CARMINE’S PENN QUARTER
At Carmine’s, New York City’s Legendary Family Style Italian Restaurant, our goal is to build a team of individuals who enjoy making exceptional food for our guests and a team based service environment. We have been serving family style southern Italian to our guests for over 25 years and are proud to boast a scratch kitchen in high volume restaurant with 6 private dining rooms.
We offer an incredibly fast pasted team environment ideal for energetic, organized, professional chefs with high volume, scratch kitchen experience. We are always looking for candidates who are invested in our amazing dining experience and love food. At Carmine’s, our Sous Chef is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, taste and food cost. Chefs provide training for all staff; meet restaurant quality standards; assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation; and control food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction. This Sous Chef position is paid hourly.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Minimum of three years kitchen management experience
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a diverse staff
- A strong understanding of Food & Beverage preparation techniques and health department rules and regulations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work load, in a deadline driven, demanding environment
- Must be organized, self-motivated, proactive, a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of restaurant finances, profitability and scheduling
- Proficient computer skills
- Oversee daily operations, supervise line employees
- Fill in as needed. Expedite. Assist with purchasing product.
- Excellent cooking skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) both written and verbal
- Experience as a Sous Chef required
- Large volume experience preferred
- Must be able to stand the entire shift
- Lift 20 – 30 pounds during the shift, plates, product, etc.
- Must be available to work all shifts
Carmine’s is an equal opportunity employer
Estimated Hours per Week
45 to 60k a year
Email your resume to Executive Chef Ford Barsi at firstname.lastname@example.org