Paid Internship: Athletic Multimedia & Broadcast Services Assistant |Washington DC
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation
|The George Washington University is seeking a qualified post-graduate candidate for the position of Multimedia & Broadcast Services Assistant. This position will be responsible for assisting with the video needs of the Department of Athletics, including shooting and editing video, content development for the purposes of marketing and communications, streaming games on RaiseHigh.tv, which is part of the Atlantic 10 Digital Network, and assisting with the in-game production of men’s and women’s basketball games.|
- Assist with all in-house video requests
- Assist with creating highlight packages, commercials and feature videos for the Department of Athletics
- Work closely with the Athletics External Relations staff to shoot, create and edit video elements on RaiseHigh.tv, GWsports.com and various social media platforms
- Assist with live streaming games and events
- Have a working knowledge emerging technologies as they develop
- Have a good knowledge of proper lighting techniques
- Have a good understanding of Broadcast quality and DSLR-type cameras
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements include a working knowledge of sports video production; experience with a college or professional sports team; demonstrated video shooting, editing and production skills; an understanding of proper lighting techniques; a grasp of existing and emerging technology; outstanding communication and organizational skills; and experience with video editing systems such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. Also must have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
This position is paid hourly for approximately 30 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.