Graphic Design Intern | Washington, DC
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Incorporated (CBCF) is seeking a dynamic graphic design intern to assist in the development of promotional campaigns that advance the CBCF’s programs, events and initiatives.
The intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing/Media Relations and also work closely with a team that includes marketers, public relations professionals and other members of the Communications and Marketing Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative designer to work with a talented team of strategic thinkers. The internship will provide invaluable on the job training, an advanced portfolio, and hands on experience in a small team setting. The intern will assist in developing a campaign strategy, create brand designs; and cultivate skills necessary to produce in a multi-project management environment.
Session I: March 20 – May 19, 2017
Session II: May 22 – July 21, 2017
Session III: July 24 – September 29, 2017
Session IV: October 2 – December 15, 2017
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week (typically 2 to 3 days per week). The schedule is negotiable.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. A stipend will be provided during Session III, which occurs during the CBCF Annual Legislative Conference (ALC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design clear, engaging and compelling print and online graphic products. This will include advertisements (print, online, social media), signage, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate messaging concepts into engaging marketing materials
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Possess excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact are a plus.
- Build resume and portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Gain professional skills working alongside experienced marketers and designers in an innovative marketing environment
- Expand professional network
Submit your resume, cover letter, sample portfolio and unofficial transcript through the online application portal. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe personal and academic accomplishments, share areas of interest that relate to the internship and identify the type of internship experience they are seeking. Additionally, students may include information in the cover letter referencing a portfolio website, if applicable. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours. Be sure to indicate which internship session you are available to participate.