Nonprofit Marketing & Communications Intern | Arlington, VA
Making complexity clear.™
[We communicate complicated subjects using content
that decision makers and stakeholders can easily understand so you get the results you need.]
ENC Strategy, an established strategic communication agency with 20 years of experience in the government, technology, energy, nonprofit, and association sectors, is hiring a part-time intern to work with nonprofit clients to develop and implement communications plans and programs.
Some of their current clients:
ENC specializes in making complexity clear by translating complicated subject matter into content decision makers and stakeholders can easily understand, which helps clients inspire action and drive results. Our company provides a results-focused approach to traditional and digital communication and marketing services.
At the end of the internship the successful candidate should have refined their marketable skills in project management, writing, and digital marketing, as well as developing a deep understanding of non-profit fundraising and promotion. They will be able to demonstrate to future employers that they have managed digital campaigns and marketing collateral development.
This is an unpaid but for school credit position located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon) and requires a 3-month commitment which may be extended further.
Hours:8 – 12 hours/week, working onsite in the ENC office at least 2x per week
Possible Future Job Opportunity!
- Update and maintain clients’ social media pages and other digital channels
- Assist in planning, writing and managing content for clients, including email blasts
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Assist in designing flyers, graphics, and other marketing material
- Organize and attend client meetings, including preparing agenda and taking notes
- Collaborating with ENC staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for nonprofit marketing and communications
- Develop nonprofit-focused content for ENC website and content marketing
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of projects, working with senior team members, and speaking up in meetings
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for supporting charitable organizations and nonprofits
Required Program Knowledge:
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus