Monthly Archives: January 2017
Background to role:
The Google Food Program’s vision is to inspire and enable the world to make food choices and use food experiences to develop more sustainable lifestyles and communities. The Google Food program’s mission is to inspire and enable the Google community members to make food choices and enjoy food experiences that support them in being their best. Based on the program’s vision and mission, the Google Food Team has developed a clearly defined strategy that puts a strong emphasis on collaboration, innovation, the Responsible Business framework, and Behavioral Economics.
The maintenance team exists to support the global Google Food program and its values both to Googlers, and to the vendor partners.
Responsible for receiving storage and inventory for all departmental supplies and food stuff, along with maintaining sanitation in storage areas.
Checks in, stores, and maintains all deliveries and food/supply storage areas. Participates in inventory and ordering as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inventories and maintains necessary food and other supplies to ensure efficient operation of the Food Service Department.
- Stores food and supplies in correct containers and in proper storage areas according to department guidelines as indicated by non-spoilage of food.
- Maintains records and logs documenting storage temperatures of perishable food items per standards.
- Dates, labels, and rotates stock according to procedures as indicated by oldest product being utilized first.
- Orders food and supplies based upon product specification as established by company ordering protocols and procedures.
- Secures designated areas of potential theft, dangerous chemicals, supplies and equipment to safeguard associates. Follows all security procedures regarding storeroom organization.
- Transports food and supplies in appropriate containers or vehicles as indicated to ensure food or supplies arrive safely and intact.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Reports needed maintenance or repairs of equipment used to proper resources.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets. Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 30 Estimated hours per week
- M, T, TH, F 6:30am-2:30pm
Hourly: $12/hr to $15/hr
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75lb, be on your feet all day, work independently but also in harmony.
- Product identification and knowledge is key.
- HACCP, ServSafe, and FIFO
Contact Kevin Devine by Email: email@example.com
Making complexity clear.™
[We communicate complicated subjects using content
that decision makers and stakeholders can easily understand so you get the results you need.]
ENC Strategy, an established strategic communication agency with 20 years of experience in the government, technology, energy, nonprofit, and association sectors, is hiring a part-time intern to work with nonprofit clients to develop and implement communications plans and programs.
Some of their current clients:
ENC specializes in making complexity clear by translating complicated subject matter into content decision makers and stakeholders can easily understand, which helps clients inspire action and drive results. Our company provides a results-focused approach to traditional and digital communication and marketing services.
At the end of the internship the successful candidate should have refined their marketable skills in project management, writing, and digital marketing, as well as developing a deep understanding of non-profit fundraising and promotion. They will be able to demonstrate to future employers that they have managed digital campaigns and marketing collateral development.
This is an unpaid but for school credit position located in Arlington, VA (Clarendon) and requires a 3-month commitment which may be extended further.
Hours:8 – 12 hours/week, working onsite in the ENC office at least 2x per week
Possible Future Job Opportunity!
- Update and maintain clients’ social media pages and other digital channels
- Assist in planning, writing and managing content for clients, including email blasts
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Assist in designing flyers, graphics, and other marketing material
- Organize and attend client meetings, including preparing agenda and taking notes
- Collaborating with ENC staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for nonprofit marketing and communications
- Develop nonprofit-focused content for ENC website and content marketing
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of projects, working with senior team members, and speaking up in meetings
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for supporting charitable organizations and nonprofits
Required Program Knowledge:
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus