Highgate is a premier Real Estate Investment and Hospitality Management Company with 3 decades of industry experience and a longstanding history of maximizing asset value.We are Experts, Pioneers, Innovators and Forecasters. Most importantly, Highgate is a Trusted Partner.
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
• Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
• Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
• Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
• Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
• Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
• Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
• Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
• Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
• Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
• Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
• Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
• Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
• Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
• Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
• Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
• Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
• Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Culinary experience required.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift
• Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Estimated Hours pre Week
40 hours / week
Email resume to Sarah Belkin email@example.com