Culinary Supervisor | Arlington, VA
Highgate is a premier Real Estate Investment and Hospitality Management Company with 3 decades of industry experience and a longstanding history of maximizing asset value.We are Experts, Pioneers, Innovators and Forecasters. Most importantly, Highgate is a Trusted Partner.
The Outlet Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service in the Food & Beverage Outlets. He/she is also responsible for assisting the manager with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare demands as needed.
- Ensure work areas are neat and clean.
- Check that trays and tables are set to standards.
- Ensure quality control of all menus with regards to cleanliness and appearance.
- Assist in the outlets when necessary.
- Ensure that tables are cleared promptly.
- Ensure proper settlement of checks.
- Ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Ensure food quality.
- Ensure communication with oncoming shift.
- Handling guest complaints or special requests, communicate to management when necessary.
- Be capable of training and performing all duties required of all food and beverage outlet employees.
- Hold pre-meal meetings daily to monitor service and promote up selling.
- Check staffing levels and adjust according to business demand.
- Requisition linen as needed.
- Ensure property is free of trays and trash.
- Control payroll cost in food and beverage outlets.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Email resume to Sarah Belkin firstname.lastname@example.org