Interior interns | Washington, D.C
is a full scale design firm specialized in residential, commercial, and hospitality interiors. We offer our clients the unique opportunity to set the design budget wherever it works best for their wallet. Our motto “Perception is Reality” is the basis of what we do,
we make the ordinary appear extraordinary
while taking pride in our ability to create beautiful, functional, spaces at any price point.
Perceptions designs have been featured on HGTV’s Design Star as well as in homes in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, the DC metropolitan area and abroad.
Residential Design, Model Home Merchandising, Hospitality/Commercial Design, Home Staging
Perceptions Interiors is currently seeking interns to aid in the demands of a rapidly growing Interior Design firm. This is an opportunity for those interested in a career in the Interior Design field to “learn the ropes” while gaining real world experience.
Under general supervision, the design intern will perform a variety of administrative, research, and interior installation activities in support of the Interior Design Principle. As experience is gained, duties will gradually become more diversified and will be performed under less supervision with more creative autonomy.
- Space planning, drafting, rendering
- Conducting applicable design research and developing reports of findings and recommendations
- Other tasks as assigned
Assignments may occasionally require participation in the creative display and handling of paintings, valuable objects, and artifacts.
- Experience operating a computer using standard word processing software, PowerPoint, Excel, PhotoShop, Autocad and/or Google SketchUp
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer issues and situations
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with those encountered in the course of the work
- Interest in developing skills in the Interior Design profession