DHS Cyber and Tech Job Fair ｜Washington, D.C.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will host
a DHS Cyber and Tech Job Fair
on July 27-28, 2016
in the Washington, D.C., metro area
The Department is seeking qualified candidates to fulfill mission-critical job openings within the fields of cybersecurity, information technology, acquisition and human resources. DHS plans to make hundreds of conditional, on the spot job offers. Our workforce is committed to assuring the security, resiliency and reliability of the nation’s information technology and communications infrastructure.
DHS is looking for expertise in cloud infrastructure and services, agile development, and mobile technologies, including:
- Cybersecurity specialists
- Full-stack software engineers
- UI/UX (user-centered designers)
- Data scientists
- DevOps engineers
- Application architects
- Human resources specialists
- Requirements managers
- Incident response specialists
- Digital forensics specialists
- Network analysts
- Enterprise IT deployment and network/security operations specialists
- Design and engineering specialists
We are hiring for grades GS-9, 11, 12, 13, 14 and GS-15. Salaries for these grades in the D.C. metro area range from $53,435 to $160,300. Candidates must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain/maintain a security clearance of secret up to top secret/SCI based on position requirements.
The following announcements are open for this event:
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-09/11 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-12/13/14 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-15 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-12/13/14 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Human Resources Specialist, GS-0201-09/11/12 (apply at USAJOBS)
How to Apply
Attendees of the DHS Cyber and Tech Job Fair are strongly encouraged to apply for vacancies before attending the event.
On USAJOBS, create or update your personal profile, upload your resume and apply for one or more of the job announcements. The online job application deadline is July 29, 2016.
Interview. If you apply by July 20 and meet the qualifications, you will receive an invitation from DHS for a specific interview slot at the job fair on July 27-28. The invitation will provide important instructions and requirements for any additional items you should bring to the interview. If you apply, but are not invited to interview, you are still welcome to attend the event, and your application will remain in USAJOBS until January 28, 2017. The job opportunity announcements will remain open through July 29 should you choose to apply after attending the event; however, we cannot guarantee the same expedited interview process.
If selected, you will receive a conditional job offer on the spot and start your security clearance process the same day!
Online job application deadline: July 29, 2016. Apply today!
To learn more about the job fair, please visit www.dhs.gov/cyberfair.
If you have any questions or want more information, please send an email toDHSTechnologyJobFair@hq.dhs.gov.