Graphic Designer Volunteer | Washington, DC
FINCA International, one of the world’s leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than a million clients through 23 subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia.
The Graphic Design Volunteer will support the Senior Manager Customer Research in developing illustrations and imagery to support the communication of ideas, concepts and research findings. He /she will have the opportunity to design and recommend branding components for an internal working group.
Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Assist in the branding of communications from an internal work group could include the development of announcements, subsidiary communication, bulletins
- Develop a infographic and or flow charts displaying customer feedback channels
- Design and layout contents for research findings for internal dissemination
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations to improve appeal and shorten preparation.
- Edit and beautify presentations created by research team
- Add graphic design elements to training manuals
- Prepare materials for training workshop
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT
- 2 months minimum, open to longer
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED
- 15 hours per week
- Development of an infographic or flow charts to be disseminated through the subsidiary network
- Provide design elements that gives identity to research documents
- Help VoC and research deliverables enhance their use of design elements
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design software (volunteer to supply their own software)
- Proficient in PowerPoint slide development
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Proficient in managing duties and timelines
- Able to understand and interpret client’s needs graphically
- Detail oriented
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field. Experience working with global topics a plus.
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in (additional languages) Spanish, French or Russian welcome.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, including InDesign or other such software
- Relates directly with Senior Manager Customer Research
- No travel required.