Monthly Archives: July 2016
Tara Claeys of Design TLC, LLC provides custom website and graphic design services, with a focus on creating effective, clean and personal communication platforms for small businesses. Tara has a marketing background, combined with design and website coding expertise.Tara listens to you, to learn what you have in mind for your identity, and takes care to create an image that fits your brand personality.
& Other Stories is a fashion brand offering women a wide range of shoes, bags, accessories, beauty and ready-to-wear to create their personal style, or story. Our creative ateliers in Paris and Stockholm design diversified fashion collections with great attention to detail and quality at an affordable price.
Today, a woman with a love for fashion creates her own style.
We’re recruiting for would be part-time and full-time Sales ambassadors to work at our Georgetown store, due to open this fall.
Human Resource: Jenny Wills
Arrowood Manufacturing, LLC.
- Arrowood Manufacturing, LLC is a custom architectural woodworking company based in Norwood, NC(apprx. 50 miles east of Charlotte)
- We would like to bid on a new custom reception desk at Andrews Air Force Base.. actually at their Fitness Center.
- To bid on the Project, we have to have someone attend a Site Visit on Thursday 8/4 at 10 am.
- At the Site Visit, we need someone to look at the job, take pictures, make notes, ask questions, get a complete understanding of what they want and then give us a report describing the project so we can bid on this. Might involve a very simple drawing which show us what they want.
- Shouldn’t take more than 3-4 hours total, maybe a little more, to visit the project and send us info. The site visit will probably last around an hour.
- Great way to get some practical experience
- It’s likely that we will have other similar projects from time to time in the DC area.
- We will happily pay someone to do this.
Take notes, Take measurements, Take Pictures, draft drawing.
3-4 hours /per week
Manager Jim Yeatts or Donna
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will host
a DHS Cyber and Tech Job Fair
on July 27-28, 2016
in the Washington, D.C., metro area
The Department is seeking qualified candidates to fulfill mission-critical job openings within the fields of cybersecurity, information technology, acquisition and human resources. DHS plans to make hundreds of conditional, on the spot job offers. Our workforce is committed to assuring the security, resiliency and reliability of the nation’s information technology and communications infrastructure.
DHS is looking for expertise in cloud infrastructure and services, agile development, and mobile technologies, including:
- Cybersecurity specialists
- Full-stack software engineers
- UI/UX (user-centered designers)
- Data scientists
- DevOps engineers
- Application architects
- Human resources specialists
- Requirements managers
- Incident response specialists
- Digital forensics specialists
- Network analysts
- Enterprise IT deployment and network/security operations specialists
- Design and engineering specialists
We are hiring for grades GS-9, 11, 12, 13, 14 and GS-15. Salaries for these grades in the D.C. metro area range from $53,435 to $160,300. Candidates must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain/maintain a security clearance of secret up to top secret/SCI based on position requirements.
The following announcements are open for this event:
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-09/11 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-12/13/14 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-15 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Management and Program Analyst, GS-0343-12/13/14 (apply at USAJOBS)
- Human Resources Specialist, GS-0201-09/11/12 (apply at USAJOBS)
How to Apply
Attendees of the DHS Cyber and Tech Job Fair are strongly encouraged to apply for vacancies before attending the event.
On USAJOBS, create or update your personal profile, upload your resume and apply for one or more of the job announcements. The online job application deadline is July 29, 2016.
Interview. If you apply by July 20 and meet the qualifications, you will receive an invitation from DHS for a specific interview slot at the job fair on July 27-28. The invitation will provide important instructions and requirements for any additional items you should bring to the interview. If you apply, but are not invited to interview, you are still welcome to attend the event, and your application will remain in USAJOBS until January 28, 2017. The job opportunity announcements will remain open through July 29 should you choose to apply after attending the event; however, we cannot guarantee the same expedited interview process.
If selected, you will receive a conditional job offer on the spot and start your security clearance process the same day!
Online job application deadline: July 29, 2016. Apply today!
To learn more about the job fair, please visit www.dhs.gov/cyberfair.
If you have any questions or want more information, please send an email toDHSTechnologyJobFair@hq.dhs.gov.
Develop and execute blog strategy. Edit format and optimize blog posts for the boutique, SEO, Lead generation, track and analyze blog performance in google analytics.
To vist website: http://www.thebridalroom.net/#welcome
- Working knowledge of SEO and blogging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 1-2 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- fashion marketing and design skills
Estimated Hours per Week
25-30 hours per week.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Contact: Heba Adat 571-338-9533
- Once the store is opened the intern will be the first to be considered for Bridal
Stylist position. We are planning to open end of September.
- The candidate must own vehicle.
- Plating all dessert. Prep for all dessert aspects from scratch knowledge of chocolate sugar garnish, ice cream and sorbets. Bread production, cakes as well as mousses and creams.
- Full and part time positions, 7 days a week business schedule from 2 pm – close. Metro accessible. Competitive wages offered.
Any questions call 410-491-3257 Shaun McCarty ex. Pastry Chef
2401 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington DC 20037
Prepares nutritionally balanced, attractive family-style meals for Bright Horizons Family Solutions children and staff. Plans menus taking into account the center budget, the foods in season, local availability and state and federal nutritional requirements for children.
Keeps an accurate inventory of supplies and orders replacement of supplies as needed.Child care has special demands in that we care for children who in many instances, cannot care for themselves.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Should be knowledgeable of state nutritional requirements of children.
- Has relevant experience in a licensed child care facility kitchen, commercial kitchen, public school cafeteria, or equivalent.
- May be required to have food service/food handlers permit or license according to state/local regulations.
♦ Hours : 7:45am-1:00pm.
♦ Requirements: food handler’s certificate.
For more information contact:
Shannon Bouzidi Shannon.email@example.com or
Kimberly McMonagle firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tart Lumber Company, Inc.
Applicants should have a strong desire to learn and continually be expanding their knowledge on product lines. Primary responsibilites and daily duties include greeting customers, follow a defined sales process in order to convert prospects into customers, quoting jobs, completing all paperwork accurately and in appropriate timeframe in accordance with company policy, and following up with clients. You will be stationary at a desk as well as moving around (either in the showroom or visiting local job sites), working with homeowners and contractors.
- Responsible for self generated leads in addition to Company provided leads.
- Some rotational Saturday shifts are required.
- Full time position with benefits.
- Employees at Tart Lumber perform a variety of day to day tasks and this posting does not list all the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and able to mulitask
- Able to work under pressure within deadlines
- Must be a team player
- Sales oriented
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with quoting tools such as Marvin OMS is considered a plus
Submit the following
- Job Application
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants is thrilled to announce that its award-winning modern American restaurant and lounge, Ocean Prime will open its 13th location nationwide in Washington, DC in fall 2016.
Hiring FairsWednesdays and Thursdays 12pm-5pm
1325 G Street NW Washington, D.C. 20005
*5th floor conference room
Seeking qualified candidates for the following positions
Servers | Bartenders | Guest services | Bussers
Line cooks | Dishwashers | Cocktail Servers
› Two years of fine dining restaurant experience preferred
Ocean Prime Hiring Office:
› 1325 G Street NW Suite 500 Washington, D.C. 20005
› Phone: (202) 393-0313
› Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
You may also apply online at http://www.ocean-prime.com/careers/apply-now or visit us at our Hiring Office during office hours.
To learn more about Ocean Prime and Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, please visit us at
The marketing department at The Fillmore Silver Spring, a Live Nation music venue, is seeking a few Illustration Fall interns to join The Fillmore Brand Ambassadors (FBA), which is our department’s official internship program. As an Illustration Fillmore Brand Ambassador you will be given the opportunity to learn and have hands on experience with the following:
- Execute show marketing plans with a specific focus on Illustration and Social Media Conceptualize, pitch, and design illustrations for social media promotional campaigns and digital marketing initiatives.
- Create social media captions that align with the illustration + all brands involved in the campaign as well as creating copy for other design initiatives expanding beyond social media.
- Conceptualize, pitch, and design sustainable social media content including all illustrations, captions,and the story behind each concept.
- Curate launch strategies for Fillmore Silver Spring social media platforms.
- Conceptualize and pitch big picture venue marketing strategies with a specific focus on illustrations as well as designs in alternative mediums.
- Create illustrations + copy for brand activation experiences and third party partnerships.
- Conceptualize, pitch, and design unique show posters for artists performing at The Fillmore.
- Complete other duties as assigned including creating illustrations for our venue websites, alternative campaigns, and more.
- Study and learn about The Fillmore’s artistic history including original show poster artwork and subliminal + psychedelic artistic styles.
- Report to The Fillmore’s Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Manager.
Skills and Requirements
- Dedicate 15-20 hours per week.
› This position comes with a stipend.
› Being present in the office for 1-2 days with select remote hours is preferred.
- Have proficiency with Adobe CC Software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc, or an equivalent design program).
- Ability to develop designs from sketch to completion without relying on pre-existing images. We are looking for true creatives.
- Ability to conceptualize and design illustrations that have substance, are tasteful, organic, original, and purposeful. We need you to create artwork that tells a story.
- This position requires not only the ability to design dope illustrations but also the ability to conceptualize and execute strategies to market the illustrations.
- Understand the purpose behind social media platforms and how to effectively utilize social media platforms including Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and Periscope.
- Ability to create sustainable social media content, but also “flexible” sustainable social media content.
i.e. creating concepts for social media content that can be repeated for different shows/artists/campaigns,but can also be tweaked so the conceptualized content doesn’t become stale.
- Ability to create tasteful, clever, and “punny” social media captions that align with the illustration and all brands involved in the campaign.
- Reliable and able to meet deadlines on a weekly basis.
- Thorough communicator under all circumstances and very responsive to e-mails.
- Ability to follow direction, but must also be proactive and take initiative.
- Must be adaptive, flexible, and have a team player mentality + a willingness to provide a helping hand under all circumstances.
- Reliable transportation: metro, bus, or car access.
- Attending Concerts: Fillmore Brand Ambassadors will have the opportunity to attend Live Nation shows.
- Introductions: FBAs will have the opportunity to meet Fillmore managers/directors as an opportunity to learn, network, and build relationships.
- Shadowing Fillmore Employees: FBAs will be able to schedule shadowing sessions with Fillmore employees during select show nights to learn how a music venue operates.
If you are interested in applying to The Fillmore Brand Ambassador Program as an Illustration intern, please send us the following:
Part 1: Your resume.
Part 2: A personal statement that tells us the following (you decide the length and bullet point answers are terrific):
› Your name, year, and how you stay involved with your campus and the DMV area.
› What you’re passionate about (even if it doesn’t include music).
› A list of concerts that changed your life and a list of artists that you can’t live without
› If your school mascot were a musician, who would they go on tour with, what would be the name of their hit single, and what would be the name of their album?
› Tell us why you don’t give a F**k what anybody thinks about you!
Part 3: Provide a link to an online portfolio, or attach a document featuring your illustration artwork.